Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Legacy Hiatus and the Future of this Blog.

I know it's been awhile since I've updated Legacy. That is because I am taking a hiatus from it. During that hiatus, I'm actually rewriting the story from scratch. I've been working on this story since I was a young kid, writing it and rewriting the story periodically until it became something that I thought was ready to display. Well then something happened and I realized there were a few elements I felt were very important missing at the start and I feel like I need to rewrite it one more time... and it'll be the last time. I want to increase the focus on character development, give a better idea of the theme behind the story and also develop the world a little more, among other things. Not only am I rewriting the story, I'm taking a good look at my art style to see what I can do to improve it.

When I rewrite Legacy, I am also looking into other methods of releasing the story. Whether it be publishing it as physical comic books, a website of its own or continuing it on these blogs. I'm going to try to publish it first. I really want to try my hand at making a living doing this stuff and its about time I get more active in doing that.

That doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting here. Or at least I hope not. I want to remain active here uploading more artwork, character sketches, concepts and whatever else. This blog is meant to be like a portfolio for me, so I need to put more of my artwork on it. I may even start making blog posts talking about my daily life and stuff. Like how I watched the Avengers 2 earlier today. I enjoyed it and I would watch it again in a heartbeat. But yeah, that's what is going on here. I'm looking forward to the possibilities that come from all of this.

I'm also trying to be more active with social media. I have a Twitter, a Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn account that I rarely post in. But that's something else I'm trying to change in the future as well. I think that could help with recognition and networking, among other things.

Again, sorry for stopping the story now. I know it ended on a sour note for one of the main characters but we'll get back to that event or an event similar to it as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment